Monday 4 May 2009

Gold Medal: Laroze 2003.

Women and wine: a very wide subject full of promise. During the "féminalise" competition on 23 April, the exclusively women tasters saluted the great quality of the 2003 vintage. This is a delightful nod to my family history because the Laroze estate was founded by a woman in 1882 (my great, great grandmother) and handed down by another in the 60’s (my grandmother).
Our soils of silica on top of clay produces wines, whose rich, powerful tannins meld into a subtle and elegant mouth feel that suits the feminine palate.
Women with good taste are not too keen on hard, rustic tannins and they are quite right.
I would like to thank all the lady tasters and wish this competition a fine future which I hope will become more and more international.

No comments: